Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Healthcare fraud is an expensive crime. Between 3 percent and 10 percent of total healthcare spending – up to $224 billion – is lost to fraud each year, according to The National Health Care Anti-Fraud Association. We all pay for it through higher healthcare costs, insurance premiums and taxes.
Express Scripts has a team of experts dedicated to identifying and investigating suspected fraud, waste and abuse. You play an integral role in helping us do that.
Some examples of fraud, waste and abuse that you should report are:
- Claims appearing on your Explanation of Benefits (EOB) that you did not receive
- Suspected theft of your identity or your TRICARE health benefits card
- Doctor or pharmacy "shopping" – visiting multiple doctors or pharmacies to obtain various prescriptions
For More Information about Fraud, Waste and Abuse, click the icon below to watch a short video.
To learn more about what Express Scripts is doing to fight fraud, waste and abuse, click on these recent articles:
- Do Your Part: Report Fraud
- Phantom Pharmacies, Real Fraud
- We Protect Those Who Can't Protect Themselves
To report suspicious activity of Fraud, Waste and Abuse please visit our Contact us page or give us a call at the Express Scripts TRICARE® Fraud Tip Hotline (866) 759-6139.
If you will provide your name and contact information, it will allow us to reach you if necessary. Please know all information provided will be kept strictly confidential. And also remember, you have the right to remain anonymous.
PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader.